[Jalview-discuss] Jalview 2.6 Now Available from www.jalview.org
jprocter at compbio.dundee.ac.uk
Sun Sep 26 11:26:54 BST 2010
I'm very pleased to announce that a new version of the Jalview multiple
sequence alignment editor and analysis system is now available for
download from www.jalview.org.
Jalview 2.6 introduces new web services provided by the JABA web
services framework (see www.compbio.dundee.ac.uk/jabaws for more
information), and its structure visualisation system has been updated to
take advantage of capabilities in the latest version of Jmol.
Highlights in Jalview Version 2.6
* JABA Web Services for multiple alignment using:
* User modifiable alignment service parameters
* Visualization of superposed structures associated with protein or
nucleotide sequence alignments.
* Export coordinates and projection as CSV from PCA viewer
Some of the issues resolved in this release:
* Improved layout of Enfin Envision submission service.
* clustalx colourscheme colours Ds preferentially when a column is
over 50% acidic
* Sequence fetcher does not replace ',' for ';' when querying DAS
* InstallAnywhere builds fail to launch on certain Mac OS X versions
As usual, please see the release history at
www.jalview.org/releaseHistory.html for the full details, and should you
experience any problems with this new version, please send an email to
the discussion list at jalview-discuss at jalview.org, or file a bug report
on the jalview bug tracker at issues.jalview.org. (ps. If you've never
filed a bug report before, then check out the FAQ at
Finally, I've also posted the list of Jalview training courses that we
are running this year. We will be running three courses over the coming
months, in Oxford (4th Oct), Berkeley (25th Oct), and a 1 dat
residential course at the EBI. See http://www.jalview.org/training.html
for the list, and links to the host institution.
Jim Procter, for the Jalview Team.
J. B. Procter (JALVIEW/ENFIN) Barton Bioinformatics Research Group
The University of Dundee is a Scottish Registered Charity, No. SC015096.
More information about the Jalview-discuss