[Jalview-discuss] Jalview requesting SmarterJmolAdapter.class

Jim Procter jprocter at compbio.dundee.ac.uk
Mon Dec 5 12:00:49 GMT 2011

Hello Xabier.

On 02/12/2011 10:32, Xabier Bello wrote:
> I load jalview 2.7 as applet to edit/view an alignment. Code being:
> <applet  code="jalview.bin.JalviewLite"archive="http://domain.com/media/jalviewApplet.2.7.jar"width="800"height="200"name="alignment">
>    <param  name="file"value="http://domain.com/path/to/file/alignment.pir"/>
>    <param  name="defaultColour"value="% Identity"/>
>    <param  name="showAnnotation"value="false"/>
>    <param  name="embedded"value="true"/>
> </applet>
> Applet works like a charm, but in the server logs I keep receiving a
> GET request for:
>
> "GET /path/org/jmol/adapter/smarter/SmarterJmolAdapter.class HTTP/1.1"
> 404 7120
>
> ¿What's that and why is jalview requesting a Jmol class? ¿How can I
> solve this issue?
JalviewLite detects whether Jmol is on the classpath by attempting to
initialise this Jmol class and since the page's URL is automatically
added to the JalviewLite applet's classpath, the browser attempts to
fetch the class file directly.

You can (probably) disable the check with the 'nojmol' parameter (see
http://www.jalview.org/examples/appletParameters.html).

jim.