[Jalview-discuss] change of BLOSUM62 color

Jim Procter jprocter at compbio.dundee.ac.uk
Tue Dec 6 20:34:34 GMT 2011

Hi Chris.

On 05/12/2011 17:31, Chris Ulens wrote:
> I would like to know if it is possible to change the BLOSUM62 color
> from blue to shades of grey?
It's not possible via Jalview's user interface, and unfortunately, the
blosum62 colourscheme is currently implemented as a hard-wired set of
colours. However, if you need grayscale for figure export, then I'd
recommend post-processing your alignment figure in illustrator (or
inkscape for EPS), or image magick (for PNG) - or even exporting as EPS
and printing it to PDF using grayscale colour settings.

Alternately, I could give you some pointers if you would like to improve
jalview by implementing this as a new feature!