[Jalview-discuss] Calculating the percent identity between two sequences

Engin Özkan eozkan at stanford.edu
Mon Feb 28 07:01:20 GMT 2011

Dear Jim,

Let me second a request for adding a percent id matrix output,
especially straight from the multiple sequence alignment. MSAs can be
better than pairwise alignments especially in the case of distant pairs,
and reporting pairwise identities based on a new N-W alignment, while
the better alignment (hopefully) exists within the MSA, seems unwanted.
Come to think of it, the option to calculate "new" pairwise alignments
should still exist, in case the MSA is of lower quality.

Thanks for the great work,

Engin

--
Engin Özkan