[Jalview-discuss] reading groovy file from url

Jim Procter foreveremain at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 18:38:55 BST 2011

On 12/09/2011 18:17, Joni Fazo wrote:
> The development version of Jalview enables users to pass a URL to
> groovy script (rather then just a file name) for the value of the
> command line option "groovy".  Do you know when this feature will be
> included in a release version of Jalview?  We are looking to upgrade
> the version of Jalview used by Phtyozome and need this feature in
> order to do so.
If you'd like to register at the Jalview development site, then you'll
see that this feature is scheduled for the forthcoming release (Jalview
2.7). However, before I release this version, I'd really like some
feedback from you about whether this option is behaving correctly. You
can leave a comment at:
http://issues.jalview.org/browse/JAL-899

Jim.
ps. registering is also encouraged if you are interested in joint
development work, since we coordinate through issues.jalview.org.