[Jalview-discuss] Jalview-discuss Digest, Vol 45, Issue 2

Jim Procter jprocter at compbio.dundee.ac.uk
Mon Sep 12 18:51:45 BST 2011

On 12/09/2011 18:13, Joni Fazo wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>
> Great!  I will start working on the Tree Puzzle web service in a
> couple of weeks.  I would be happy to share my work and would
> definitely welcome assistance from yourself and Peter.  I need to wrap
> some other tasks up before I can turn to the web service development.

Excellent news!

I'll shortly add you to the jalview development mailing list, and once
you've registered at issues.jalview.org, I'll set you up with commit
rights to the git repository.

Adding in a phylogeny service interface should be reasonably
straight-forward from Jalview's side, providing the JABAWS interface
returns a standard newick tree file.  (If you need anything more
complex... e.g. parsing of NHX format files or working with phyloXML,
then the phylogeny parser in jalview may need an upgrade).