[Jalview-discuss] jabaws server

Jim Procter jprocter at compbio.dundee.ac.uk
Fri Sep 16 15:32:45 BST 2011

Hello There.

Just a brief followup comment on Geoff's reply:
On 16/09/2011 11:02, Geoff Barton wrote:
> On 15/09/2011 11:41, ehenriques at qui.uc.pt wrote:
>> I need it to rum Jalview, and the program simply freezes without that
>> connection (is there a way around that you might share with me?)
Jalview freezing is due to the program trying to contact the webserver,
and eventually timing out. There are a couple of things you can do:

1. Edit the web services preferences to remove the JABAWS server's entry
in the list (go to Tools->Preferences in the desktop window menubar and
select the web services tab in the preferences dialog box). If you
delete the default JABAWS service, you can always get it back using the
'reset services' button.

2. Wait for Jalview 2.7 to be released next week. The freezing issue has
been fixed, and instead, you will get a warning dialog informing you
about any JABAWS servers that Jalview couldn't contact.

Hope this helps!