[Jalview-discuss] Jalview 2.7 now available for download

Jim Procter jprocter at compbio.dundee.ac.uk
Tue Sep 27 18:16:59 BST 2011

Dear All.

It has been a long time coming, but I can finally announce that the next
version of Jalview: version 2.7, can now be downloaded from the Jalview
web site.

Major highlights in the new Jalview Desktop:
  * improved handling of PDB structures involved in many alignments
  * revised JABAWS[1] web service GUI and a new alignment analysis service
  * additional option for sorting alignments directly from the Tree viewer
  * Jalview desktop news

The JalviewLite applet is now capable of sequence logo and subgroup
annotation display, and its Javascript API has been significantly
enhanced, enabling it to be more easily integrated with javascript based
web applications. See http://www.jalview.org/examples for some
demonstrations of this.

What lies ahead ?
Version 2.7 of Jalview contains a great many changes under the hood,
which pave the way for some new features in the 2.7.x series, including
new web services and facilities for visualizing RNA secondary structure.

We hope to release Jalview 2.7.1 in a few months, which will build on
these new features. Until then, keep watching www.jalview.org for the
latest news, and if you find any bugs, or would simply like to help out,
just say hello on the Jalview discussion list
(http://www.jalview.org/mailman/listinfo/jalview-discuss).

Happy Jalviewing !

Jim Procter, for the Jalview Team.