[Jalview-discuss] Phyloinformatics Google Summer of Code 2014 call for project ideas!

Jim Procter jprocter at compbio.dundee.ac.uk
Thu Jan 30 12:03:33 GMT 2014

Hi All.

If you are interested in recruiting excellent students and have an idea
for an informatics/computer science open source project focused on
evolutionary biology and bioinformatics, please read on !

This also includes any ideas involving Jalview !  Most of Jalview's RNA
capabilities have been added through google summer of code projects.
This year, I'd be particularly interested in projects that involve
extending Jalview's datamodel to properly support taxonomic annotation
based multiple alignment analysis, and extending Jalview's complement of
built-in and JABAWS based phylogenetic analysis capabilities.

Jim.