[Jalview-discuss] Java 1.8u40 OSX , jalview webstart does not show menu

hari jayaram harijay at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 03:25:08 GMT 2015

I got a temporary workaround despite running Java 1.8 u40

I downloaded the standalone JVM containing version of Jalview from the
website
This Jalview.app does not launch on my Mac OSX running 10.10.2
Yosemite...it just blinks and disappears

I then looked at the readme for the standalone app and am launching Jalview
from the commandline using this alias.:
alias jalview='java -Djava.ext.dirs=/Applications/Jalview/lib -jar
/Applications/Jalview/jalview.jar'

I still dont know why the java webstart run jalview.jnlp  does not show
menus when run under the identical setup. I am also hoping that I can get
the app to work.

Thanks
Hari