[Jalview-discuss] Three questions about Jalview

Jim Procter jprocter at compbio.dundee.ac.uk
Mon Mar 30 13:56:22 BST 2015

Just to follow up on Mungo's reply to your email Muhammad:

On 30/03/2015 09:09, Mungo Carstairs (Staff) wrote:
> 2. Jalview has no 'magic button' to identify protein domains but is
> intended to support workflows aimed at doing this (amongst others).
I suggest you try 'Domaination' - which allows denovo identification of
domains by iterative blast: http://www.ibi.vu.nl/programs/domainationwww/

This server allows you to export results to Jalview for further
analysis. You could also run interproscan - which we will be including
support for in the near future.
http://www.ebi.ac.uk/interpro/search/sequence-search

> 3. Please enable Java Console (Tools | Show Java Console) and capture
> any error message when trying to save files and we can take a look at
> this. There could be range of causes such as lacking write permission
> to the target directory.

Please also try webstart launching Jalview via
http://www.jalview.org/builds/latest/webstart/jalview.jnlp

It may be that there is a specific problem with the  installAnywhere
Jalview installer.
Jim.

--
Dr JB Procter, Jalview Coordinator, The Barton Group
Division of Computational Biology, College of Life Sciences