[Jalview-discuss] New version Stuck on Loading Data

Mungo Carstairs (Staff) g.m.carstairs at dundee.ac.uk
Wed Jan 6 09:00:03 GMT 2016

Hi Rob,

Just to eliminate one possible problem - I notice the data file is in RTF format and includes control characters. Jalview expects only plain text files.

Are you able to generate the file as plain text, and does that make a difference?

Though having said that, I can load your RTF file into Jalview (Desktop or applet), albeit with the control characters rendered as extra 'nonsense' sequences - so this may not be the root of your problem. Is there a public link to your site / applet?

Thanks,

Mungo

Mungo Carstairs
Jalview Computational Scientist
The Barton Group
Division of Computational Biology
School of Life Sciences
University of Dundee, Dundee, Scotland, UK.
www.jalview.org<http://www.jalview.org/>
www.compbio.dundee.ac.uk<http://www.compbio.dundee.ac.uk/>