[Jalview-discuss] Hydrophobicity and similar values

Geoff Barton gjbarton at dundee.ac.uk
Wed Jan 6 12:12:51 GMT 2016

As Mungo says, Jalview provides a variety of ways to calculate
properties from **sequences** (that could be read in from a PDB file)
but does not provide an overall average.   There are some overall
properties calculated from sequences available from the expasy.ch
website that might do what you want.  In addition, our TarO server (See
www.compbio.dundee.ac.uk for links)  will also calculate properties
given a single sequence (e.g. GRAVY and predicted pI).  Again, these are
just from the sequence and take no account of the structural environment
of the amino acids.

I hope this helps.

Geoff.