[Jalview-discuss] Error loading file message

Mungo Carstairs (Staff) g.m.carstairs at dundee.ac.uk
Thu Jan 7 09:20:42 GMT 2016

Hello Adeba,

Thanks for passing me the Jalview project (.jvp) files you are having trouble with.

These do not appear to be valid project files - they are too small, and not in zip file format.

Inspecting the binary content (with Unix command "xxd -b <file>") and comparing with a valid project file suggests that they have been truncated.

Have they perhaps been incompletely transferred from (or to?) some backup location?

Are you able to recopy these files, or do you have any other copies of them?

Thanks and regards,

Mungo

Mungo Carstairs
Jalview Computational Scientist
The Barton Group
Division of Computational Biology
School of Life Sciences
University of Dundee, Dundee, Scotland, UK.
www.jalview.org<http://www.jalview.org/>
www.compbio.dundee.ac.uk<http://www.compbio.dundee.ac.uk/>