[Jalview-discuss] Delete non-gap sites in linked split frame view?

Mungo Carstairs (Staff) g.m.carstairs at dundee.ac.uk
Thu Jan 7 17:02:27 GMT 2016

Hello Becky,

Rather than deleting columns, would it serve your purpose just to hide them?

This would be my preferred choice here (it's simpler to change how the sequences look than what they are).

But having said that - I notice that 'Hide Columns' is buggy in the split frame view in a rather awkward way!

Hiding columns in one half doesn't hide the equivalent columns in the other half.

Clicking on them in order to hide them as well - redisplays the ones you just hid. Ouch.

I will raise a task to fix this.  Please let me know if that would meet your needs.

It's great to have feedback on the split frame feature, as it is 'new and experimental'.  Any other comments or suggestions would be most welcome.

Best regards,

Mungo

Mungo Carstairs
Jalview Computational Scientist
The Barton Group
Division of Computational Biology
School of Life Sciences
University of Dundee, Dundee, Scotland, UK.
www.jalview.org<http://www.jalview.org/>
www.compbio.dundee.ac.uk<http://www.compbio.dundee.ac.uk/>