[Jalview-discuss] Image export in EPS LineArt format on Mac does not work

Mungo Carstairs (Staff) g.m.carstairs at dundee.ac.uk
Fri Aug 10 17:08:19 BST 2018

Hello Petya,

Sorry to hear that! To help me investigate...

1) Can you confirm the versions of Jalview and Java that  you are running - this is logged at the start of the Jalview Console output (Tools | Show Java Console).

2) Do you choose 'Text' or 'Lineart' for the EPS output?

(If you don't see this option, you may have it set as a preference EPS_RENDERING in your home directory .jalview_properties file.)

3) Are you able to share the output EPS file (by private email if preferred)?

4) Does this also happen with our 'example' alignment? To load this:

File | Input Alignment | From URL...| http://www.jalview.org/examples/uniref50.fa

Thanks and best regards,

Mungo

[University of Dundee shield logo]<http://uod.ac.uk/sig-home>

Mungo Carstairs
Jalview Computational Scientist

The Barton Group
Division of Computational Biology

School of Life Sciences

University of Dundee, Dundee, Scotland, UK

www.jalview.org<http://www.jalview.org>

www.compbio.dundee.ac.uk<http://www.compbio.dundee.ac.uk>
g.m.carstairs at dundee.ac.uk<mailto:g.m.carstairs at dundee.ac.uk>

[University of Dundee Facebook]<http://uod.ac.uk/sig-fb> [University of Dundee Twitter] <http://uod.ac.uk/sig-tw>  [University of Dundee LinkedIn] <http://uod.ac.uk/sig-li>  [University of Dundee YouTube] <http://uod.ac.uk/sig-yt>  [University of Dundee Instagram] <http://uod.ac.uk/sig-ig>  [University of Dundee Snapchat] <http://uod.ac.uk/sig-sc>
We're Scottish University of the Year again!<http://uod.ac.uk/sig-strapline>
The Times / Sunday Times Good University Guide 2016 and 2017